Friday 22 February 2013

Cold Feet?

I have interrupted my planned crafty making this week for a bit of emergency crafting in response to the current chilly weather. My children called on me to help! Cold Feet! Day and night its cold in our house away from the immediate vicinity of the wood burners, hot water bottles are the only way to keep the cold at bay and ours were looking SAD!


After a cheerful destroy of my carefully placed fabric stacks my kids have rustled up their colour and fabric combinations and I was set to work. Sewing on my sewing machine with my foot in a CAM boot was an interesting experience! I like to think of it as crucial physiotherapy given my right foots usual occupation - but its fair to say this was not my most controlled sewing. Having said that, going fast at least meant less time in my cold sewing room! These were as simple and fast as can be but you could really go to town on these, use up any 'orphan' blocks left over from other projects, try out a new block technique or applique pattern - I can see a lot of hot water bottle covers in our future!

These hot water bottle cases were fun and fast to make and would make fantastic presents. I'm going to run a class next autumn. I am already planning some jazzy patchwork and applique numbers as class samples! Should be perfect timing for Xmas gifts.