Wednesday 3 June 2015

Half Term Sewing



I LOVE half term. I love being at home with my kids, having lovely long days full of creative possibilities. Dog walks, sewing projects, good books, cooking and eating, pottering with our chickens, chatting and hanging out. What's not to love?



The shop was busy with teens sewing skirts and learning to use their sewing machines, as well as with knitters and crocheters...so many new skills.

We have had some lovely new deliveries. A whole new range of embroidery threads Aurifloss. They're kind of an addictive treat...more feel good and a longer enjoyment than a take away coffee - go on treat yourself. Even just arranging them in pleasing rainbows is a seriously feel-good endeavour!



I've been working onmy embroidery for Victorias class. Vis has been working on teh autumn embroidery class samples so go sign up quick if you fancy joining the embroidery craze sweeping PlainStitch this summer!

I used this fantastic new Skopelos Art Gallery Katerina Roccella fabric to make a roomy pouch for my embroidery hoop and threads. Love some good project storage! Our Pouch Class students will be learning how tomake these Zippy Mouth Totes next week..can't wait.




I also finished off my embroidered cushion. This was an two class mash up of embroidery skills and Cushion Class info to make a great pillow that I am soo pleased with! I need to stop taking my own shops classes but I just can;t resist all the fantastic stuff that's on offer at the moment! 



I've been working hard on our Christmas class samples. Christmas Cushions Class samples made, Patchwork baubles pieced and off to the long arm quilter..I'll show off this fab class soon as it's back - I know you'll love it - it's a super fast Christmas quilt class...v exciting to unveil!


But mostly i'vebeen sitting in a deck chair, hanging out with my little peeps and my dog and quilting and quilting...bliss x


There's so much happening this week at The Workroom. Claire's  Cathedral Windows class kicks off again tomorrow evening ( Thursday) and will also run in the daytime later in the month - check the class listings for details. This is such a perfect summer project. You'll love it, I did! There is a place on each class so join up quick if you fancy it.


My EPP Workshop starts again on Friday. You know I love EPP, I have a new project on the go to join in with my students! I just can't resist! Again there is 1 space if you'd like some lovely summer hand sewing.


Victoria is also running her popular beginners Bunting class. This is such a great class. You learn how to make bias binding and its such a fun class for confidence building if you are new to machine sewing. Drop us a note if you';d like to have some lovely handmade summer bunting hanging up this sunny weekend!


We just took delivery of a whole new range of Japanese Sevenberry  fabrics. They all have a lovely scandi feel so if you're taking Arendelle Class this summer and autumn, you might want to check these out. The new Blush coloured Quilters Linen is also a great new basic colour, it's really rich and sets off other colours so beautifully.




Today we took delivery of  this great Art Gallery print called Fantasia by Sara Lawson...unicorns and mushrooms and such a lovely delicate floral print and all with that lovely art gallery feel - can't wait to use these!



Lastly we kicked off the week with our Sewing Bee which is always a creative blast! This week we showed work in progress for our Wendover Remembers quilt. Here's a sneak peak....It's looking so fantastic - a huge thank you to all of our volunteers x