Saturday 9 May 2015

My Quilts



Today we took bags and bags of lovely quilts to The Quilters Guild Region 7 Spring Area day in Wendover. We heard fabulous speakers, made more than 300 cups of tea and served so much cake...then I did something I've never done before.

Gee'd on by my wonderful PlainStitchers and encouraged by the rather wonderful Pauline Latham I stood on a stage and showed lots of lots of my quilts and other peoples wonderful quilts and talked about PlainStitch and why I love to Quilt. It was both terrifying and exhilarating and we had such a phenomenal response by people in the audience.


It seems I need to get over my self consciousness quickly as my quilts will be 'on display' again next month when we open our Workroom for Bucks Open Studios. I'm pretty evangelical in my belief that everyone should make at least one quilt, and we are hoping to attract lots of art and craft lovers as well as fabric and quilt lovers to our workroom in the first week of June.

I'll be displaying lots of my most favourite quilts,including lots from home that don't usually hang at the workroom. We are also inviting PlainStitchers into the workroom to work on their own projects and chat to visitors over this period..details, dates and times to come soon...

In the meantime if you'd like to see more of my work you can visit this page on the blog where I collect together pictures of lots of my favourite quilts over the years.