Monday 17 November 2014

Rainy Rainbow Cathedral Windows


I've been cracking on with my homework for Cathedral windows class. I took advantage of our Spotty Saturday for Children in Need and stocked upon spots as did so many of you! Thank you! Together we raised £50 for Children in Need. I have my spotty background made and ready to go and have now chosen my windows - eeek! I'm so excited about it - I don't think I can wait another week til the next class so I have started cutting out super sized window backgrounds for an experimental Maxi - Cathedral Cotton+ Steel wall hanging spectacular! Yay, I'm  mad for Cathedral windows at the moment!




The rain was torrential on the school run this morning. It was not a good Monday start but I was buoyed up by the Happy Thought that I had a lampshades class to teach!

I love teaching lampshades, we've been running this class for 4 terms now and I've made countless lampshades over the years. I learnt to make lampshades originally with a super talented professional lampshade maker which was an invaluable source of tips to get a truly polished finish. Although these days lampshade classes can be the preserve of hen parties and the like, at PlainStitch we really make something that money can't buy. A truly bespoke, original and professionally finished shade. Look at these amazing shades that were made today - the sun was shining in The Workroom even as the rain fell outside! 

(ps if you are heading for the John Hampden School, Wendover Christmas Fair on the 29th Nov, buy a raffle ticket if you'd like to win the Galloping Ponies Lampshade which we have donated to their fundraising)


It's going to be a busy week as we gear up for our Shop Hop this Fri 21st and Sat 22nd Nov. Visit all 3 shops ( Wendover, Princes Risborough and Thame) to be in with a chance of winning the £150 basket of goodies.

 Even if you can't Hop, do pop in as you can still take advantage of our special offer spectacular for the weekend . We have purged the shop of skinny bolts in anticipation of a ma-husive Skinny Bolt Sale at the ShopHop. We turn our fabric styles really quickly at The Workroom and lots of things sell out in a matter of weeks so our skinny bolts are often really up to date lines so do pop in and get a bargain piece. We have pieces ranging from 1/2m up to 3m pieces perfect for quilt backing and at £8/m it's worth stashing some big pieces for another rainy day! The sale will include Emmy Grace, Heather Bailey, and lots lots more.

We're also offering all our popular 1/8th bundles for £5 each which is right in the 'stocking filler' zone, in fact they'd look lovely just hanging colourfully in your tree as they are! Quilters Christmas dream!


Lastly, just because we love to cram in the Sewing Fun - this week we also have our Evening Bee on Tuesday night - again we will be in The Workroom 8pm - 10pm keeping cosy in the dark evenings. Drop us an e mail to let us know you're coming along.

Also anyone wanting to get ahead or finished on their latest project before the Christmas rush, check out our expanded Therapy Thursday dates - we are open for sewing on Wed 19th and Thurs 20th this week and Dec 11th and 18th. All dates are very busy so do book a space by sending me an e mail.


Keep Dry and Sew On this Winter !