Wednesday 2 July 2014

Butterfly Granny Bags, Purses Galore and Farmers Wife Works of Art!


I've gone a bit nutty for the latest fabric in our workroom, those soft pinks and mustard are just so completely right for this season. I think perhaps because that pink is just the perfect colour of  peonies? I've put them together with a whole range of my favourite fabrics, a couple of Sevenberry spots in deep rose and mustard, a Prairie yellow lace design, a matching taupe Tilda print and my fav Lotta Jansdotter purple leaves ( we have all but the purple leaves in stock still if you fancy making yourself a similar bundle - all our Fat Quarters are Buy 3 get 1 Free for July!).  I used the pieced butterfly pattern from the Bee in My Bonnet Quilt for this autumns class, which I love. Ican see all of the Bee in my bonnet designs popping up in various guises over the next few months!


 This September Blue print by Susan Driscoll is just such a perfect shade of taupe. I just love it. I added a little clip for a pin cushion or fabric purse to attach to.



We've just taken delivery of the wooden handles that we have commissioned for the upcoming Granny Bag class. They are fabulous and have had a first run out with this bag.More about our local collaborations later, we're really excited to be sourcing some of our favourite supplies right here in our own village!


Obviously one project was not enough to fully explore the love of this fabric! Miss Stitch also got in on the action and made some pillowcases for our Mother and Daughters Class this summer. They are just the loveliest soft colours for bed-linen.




We had such a lovely morning today at our second Purse Pop Up Class. Look at these lovelies! One purse is very definitely not enough! I defy anyone to stop at one!


It's End of Term here at PlainStitch and we are caught between the excitement of planning for new autumn classes and the sadness of classes coming to a close. My lovely lovely Farmers Wife Class is coming to a close and the quilts coming out of this class are just super stunning! I will have lots more

pics as they all near completion but just look at these for starters! We toasted this labour of love with Netties homemade Elderflower and sparkling water and decided that we liked sewing together so much we would just have to carry on meeting up for FMW into the autumn! A huge thank you to all of you, as well as all of the intrepid Simple Sampler classes and all the other finishers this term. I love this job. I feel very lucky to share it with such wonderful people x