Friday 6 June 2014

Mini Patchwork Pincushion and Granny Bags for Little Girls


I'm just a teeny bit obsessed with all things pin cushiony and granny bagish.

It's become apparent, since I've been toting my Granny Bag about EVERYWHERE this week, that even little girls need a granny bag - there's so much stuff you need to take out with you when you are small. Your Bear, favourite books, juice box, hair bands. One of my girls choose this fabric when we were down in Dorset last week. Paired with our favourite Workroom Vintage Cherries fabric it's perfect for a Little Granny Bag. So cute.


I've been adding to my Granny Bag today by raiding my scraps bin and playing with my favourite patchwork style to make a mini portable pin cushion. I've attached it on to my bag handle with a little loop of ribbon but really I want a clip. I'll probably change it later so that I can clip it off but, as it is, it's a useful place just to pop a needle while you do something else.



 I'm specifically designing for my cricket sewing to be honest. The Granny Bag had a run out last night at a game and paired with an EPP Purse, was just the perfect travelling sewing set up. Now I have my mini pin cushion I won't need to worry about loosing a needle in the grass when I need to clap!


Our Pop Up Pin cushion Class next Friday sold out so we've added an additional date of Sat 5th July  and our Pop Up Purse and Granny Bag Class dates are also now online- check out the Classes Tab for more details.