Thursday 6 March 2014

Thank you


 The calm before the wonderful, cakey, balloony, laughter and friendshipy storm!




.............a huge thank you to everyone who came along to the PlainStitch Workroom Open Day today. I was overwhelmed ( literally at times, as you queued down the stairs and on the landing!) by all of the support from so many lovely people.

 A massive thank you to Helen and Kath and Netty for keeping everyone in drinks and cakes, x x x

A huge thank you to all my lovely students past and present who turned out in huge numbers laden with cards, flowers and hugs. I did cry quite a lot!

A huge thank you to all the lovely new people we met today, so many of you, so full of enthusiasm for trying a new skill. I do have the best job in the world as I get to enjoy your thrill at what lies ahead on your sewing journey!

A special thank you to my original MakeClub friends who let me practice becoming a sewing teacher before I really was one. I  have the best friends in the world and I would never have taken those first tentative steps without their friendly prods of encouragement.

Next week the Workroom will be open on Tuesday morning 9.30am - 12.30pm while a class runs, and on Thursday 9.30am - 2pm for shopping and sewing so do pop in for a quieter browse if it was just too full to shop today(!), or book a place to sew in the Workroom on Thursday morning when it's back to it's quiet tranquil usual vibe!

Much love, Debs xx