Sunday 27 October 2013

Sewing, sewing, sewing, knitting?

Gracious October seems to be rushing past at a rate of knots. It's been very mild here in the UK, not quite quilty weather yet, but the nights are drawing in, we're told a storm is brewing and I can feel the urge to hibernate beginning!

My last few weeks have been crammed full of sewing nevertheless. I have so much sewing going on at the moment that it's only natural that last week I should be seduced by Wool Week and bought myself the wool to knit a wonderful snood from a free pattern at John Lewis by Rowan.

I can't find the pattern posted online anywhere ( maybe Ravelry?) but its very similar to this one here  on the Rowan site.

You could pick up the pattern for free in John Lewis stores last week so I expect they'll still have them in the week-after-wool-week! I'm planning to knit my snood in this wool, which the nice lady in John Lewis had used for hers and it looks so toasty warm - I can't wait, although quite when I will get around to knitting it I don't know! A friend suggested if it turns cold I can just stuff the balls of wool down the front of my coat! he he. Even better is that Rowan wool is on offer on the Ocado shopping site which means it comes with your groceries and it hardly feels like you 'bought it' at all! Yay - free crafting!

Last weekend we had our termly Sewing Retreat at the lovely Buckland Hall. We all so look forward to this lovely indulgent day of sewing and good food and chat.  This weekend we powered through bunting, cross stitch, gigantic quilt-back making, glove knitting and Christmas crafting - it was a lovely day. I made a start on my Wintery Classic Patchwork Throw above. For anyone who couldn't make it this time - get the next date in your diary early - we will be back at Buckland on Saturday 8th February 2014.

Aside from knitting, at the moment I have too many projects on the go. I need to concentrate on getting some of them progressed and off of my workbench!

I never work on only one project, but there's a limit where it starts to stress me out and I think I'm there! I need some finishes, so watch the blog for some Ta Dah show and tells hopefully over the next few weeks!