Monday 7 October 2013

Patchwork Lampshade Joy

You know that I love patchwork right? Any sort of opportunity to pair together some lovely fabrics and I'll take it. Why use one fabric when you can use 10? Well I'm just a little bit obsessed with making lampshades at the moment, and of course they have to be patchwork!

I started off with just one, but they keep multiplying like autumn mushrooms around here at the moment. I'm just off to make a big one for my floor lamp behind my sewing chair.

If you'd like to learn how to make a completely bespoke fabric covered drum lampshade with me sign up for my class in November 19th, 10am til 12pm at St Anne's Hall. You can make your lampshade patchwork, or just use one favourite fabric, you can finally have a shade that matches your favourite quilt, let alone your curtains, cushions etc - perfection! Trust me, as the nights draw in, that lampshade will cheer you up no end too! xx