Monday 3 November 2014

Norway by Thimble Blossom Quilts





I've had such a lovely day choosing fabric for projects for lovely customers and for the back of my quilt for my Boy.

This quilt is from a pattern called Norway by Bonnie and Camilles Thimble Blossom Quilt Company. Those of you who did the Swoon Along earlier this year will recognise this pattern company. I did love making my Swoon but this quilt was another kettle of  fish all together. It was such a JOY to make! All made from 2.5inch strips this clever pattern comes together in no time at all. I made this quilt in ONE DAY. Now I'm not at all a 'quilt-in-a-day' kind of a gal but I just loved making this and kept on sewing til it was done! I would especially recommend having a small helpful boy armed with a pair of snippers to cut apart your chain piecing as you go for maximum efficiency, mind you.  


This was our fabric for the quilt - you need 1/3 of a metre of 9 prints plus I think it was about 2.5m of background fabric . We used a Kona Silver which is a lovely soft grey. The back is going to be a blue dogtooth, it'll be lovely. Keep my boy cosy this winter x

I also had a lovely commission to choose some fabrics for a non- girlie-girl 18th birthday quilt. The brief was silvery greys, teals, purples and mustard.......ummmm I want to sew them too!


Then another fabric choice commission - soft greys and modern yellows for an as yet unborn baby, unknown gender! Loving this simple sophisticated selection - it'll be a lovely classic patchwork layout so those deer can really get shown off - lucky baby x


I now have 4 quilts waiting to be basted and nothing to yet hand quilt this winter and this sudden drop in temperature is calling out for a warm quilt to sew beneath on the sofa! Better stop procrastinating!

See you at the Sewing Bee tomorrow, from 9.30am at St Anne's, Wendover x