Saturday 13 September 2014

Denyse Schmidt's Hadley Arrives This Week




We had a flash sale this weekend which was soooo much fun! The early birds really got the proverbial fabric worm on Saturday, those sale bolts were stripped bare! The moral of today's shopping was 'If in Doubt Buy 3m' - the perfect quilt back stash-able amount at £8/m - not to be missed!


We have new fabric arriving all autumn, starting this week with our much revered Denyse Schmidts new Hadley range. In my opinion Denyse is the quilters quilt designer. She makes and designs the most wonderful quilts, that are just right up my street. I lived in Connecticut, just miles from her studio in Bridgeport, but didn't discover her work until I came back to the UK. Denyse Schmidts Free Market Fancy ( the original) was my first fabric crush back in 2005. It was the first fabric that made my heart rush a little - I had to have it. I've bought pretty much everything she's designed ever since.



Her quilts and her fabric are firmly rooted in the traditions of quilt making. But her fabric palette is so modern, so perfectly balanced, the fabrics are just the right shade of everything. She makes granny chic look cool. I love her fabric. Often they aren't the fabrics that jump out at you first in a fabric store -but I literally guarantee that they will be the most hard working in your stash! This Chicopee Baskets Quilt is one of my all time favourites still,  almost 10 years after I made it.

We have Denyse's Hadley arriving this week. It's one of my most highly anticipated fabric lines this year. I'm planning to stash for the next 10 years!


We had a busy fun class making fabric purses in the Workroom this morning and the ShopRoom was literally full to the brim. There's such a buzz at The Workroom at the moment. Our autumn class schedule is choc a bloc and so many exciting projects are getting started. This is my favourite crafting time of year, so many possibilities.

This week we kick off our Bee in My Bonnet quilt class, we have a huge new intake of Simple Sampler Students nervously looking forward to starting their quilting journeys, we're learning how to Machine Embroider and we're making Zippered Cushions...phew - and that's just this week! More new classes start again the week after, including Making Little Girls Dresses, Fabric Baskets, and more of our always sold out Get To Know Your Sewing Machine classes.



I'm afraid we have very few spaces left on classes starting in Sept and Oct, a few odd spaces sprinkled here and there on some evening classes so do checkout the schedule. But do not fear we have a great mini timetable of Christmas Makes coming tomorrow that will kick off in November. Lots of Saturday classes for busy working people needing a day of crafty indulgence and some all day workshops to get our teeth into some great Christmas Makes. Happy Sewing x