Wednesday 25 June 2014

Beginners Simple Sampler Eye Candy



















OK, so I make no apologies for the complete Simple Sampler Obsession that is about to descend on this blog for a few weeks. My beginners class, called Simple Sampler, is one of my most favourite classes to teach. People come tome claiming that they don't know how to sew really, but they've always been fascinated by quilts and they'd love to learn how to make one. They are usually quite self deprecating about what they will be able to achieve. Every year they surpass their own expectations on this class. Every year I am so overwhelmed by how A_M_A_Z_I_N_G their quilts are!

Look at the fabulous work I've been looking at all week! And there's more to come next week and over the next few weeks as more and more of these samplers near completion.

If you read this blog and you don't usually comment - but you think these ladies have done an amazing job - now is the time to break out a comment and encourage them on! This week we talked about and tried hand quilting. They still have a way to go to get these quilt tops to finished quilts but they are all so enthused and such a JOY to teach that I can't wait to see what else they can do!