Monday 28 October 2013

Fabulous Farmers Wife!



It was the second class of my Farmers Wife Quiltalong last week. It was the first chance for us all to 'ooh and ahh' at each others colour choices bought to life in blocks.

It was fantastic - we literally spent an hour looking at each persons interpretation of that months blocks as we worked our way around the room. It was fabulous. 

The Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt is such a favourite of mine.



I made my first version  above and am well on the way to a second version, making up new blocks for my class to use as guides each month as we tackle 7 more blocks. This is this months selection, some fun, some fiddly and some fiendish!

This class is big and busy and bursting with inspiration. 


What makes it even more incredible is that most of these women only made their first faltering 12 inch 9 patch a year ago or less, yet now they are turning out such exquisite little FMW blocks that I want to hug everyone with glee! 


This class is full to the brim and will run through until next summer, but I am already getting busy with bookings for FMW2, the dates of which I have just released on the 2014 Class Page, starting next September on Tuesdays mornings at St Anne's Hall, so if you think you'd like to make this quilt next year do drop me a note and I'll save you a space. I can definitely guarantee you won't spend a more fun 2 hours a month!